Last updated on May 6, 2019
Warren W Wiersbe The Renowned Missionary Stalwart Passed Away At 89
Warren W Wiersbe the world-renowned biblical scholar and missionary stalwart is promoted to glory on Thursday, May 2. He was 89.
Warren W Wiersbe was indeed an amazing missionary stalwart of the century. Who was one of the founding directors of Back to the Bible ministry, Lincoln, Nebraska. US.
His ” *Be Series”* Books (later published as ” *The Bible Exposition Commentary* ” and now available in the name ” *The Wiersbe Bible Commentary”* are widely read by all Christian denomination leaders.
He is a well known international Bible teacher, author and conference speaker with a heart for missions and is a former pastor of Moody Church in Chicago.
He served for ten years as General Director and Bible Teacher for Back to the Bible. Dr. Wiersbe is the author of more than 100 books, including the best-selling “BE” series: Be Real, Be Rich, Be Obedient, Be Mature, Be Joyful, etc. and other theological works.
He is known as a “pastors’ pastor,” and his speaking, writing, and radio ministries have brought a new understanding of the truths of God’s Word to people around the world.
He did an amazing ministry of preaching and writing.
May his tribe increase!
Our deepest condolences to the Wiersbe Family.
BE SERIES BUNDLE – PAUL’S LETTERS
THE BIBLE EXPOSITION COMMENTARY – THE WHOLE OF BE SERIES IN 4 VOLUMES
Image by Mattphil
The Bible Exposition Commentary NT Published by ChariotVictor Publishing
This Commentary with a free CD-ROM Is Now Available From Back to the Bible India Office For A Reasonable Donation. More details check the below image OR Contact Back to the Bible India Office
Image Courtesy: Confident Living Magazine. Photo by Mattphil
Listen to one of the latest conversations Warren Wiersbe had with the Thomas Nelson Publishers Team.
An in-depth book review of Warren Wiersbe’s Study Bible
Yet Another Widely Read Book From Wiersbe is the Daily Reading Bible Devotional Book, Prayer Praise and Promises (A Daily Walk Through The Psalms)
Here is a sample chapter from the book.
Are you an animal lover?
I must confess that, apart from a certain sympathy with cats and a liking for friendly dogs, I don’t really care much for animals. My wife enjoys going to the zoo, and I dutifully go along, but I would much rather be in the library.
Do you know that God uses animals to teach us about sin?
Today’s passage talks about the Devil’s entire zoo. “Many bulls have surrounded Me; strong bulls of Bashan have encircled Me” (v.12). Our Lord was on the cross, and people were acting like animals.
That’s what is wrong with the world. When we leave God out of our lives, we descend to the level of animals.
Here was Jesus on the cross, and the bulls had surrounded Him. Then the lions showed up. “They gape at Me with their mouths, as a raging and roaring lion” (v.13), “Dogs have surrounded Me” (v.16). “Save Me from the lion’s mouth and from the horns of the wild oxen!” (v.21).
That is quite a zoo! When men put Jesus on the cross, they acted like animals. And He replied, “I am a worm” (Psalm.22:6). Can you imagine bulls and lions and dogs and oxen chasing a worm? Oh, how our Lord humbled Himself for us!
Don’t act like a wild animal. You were made in the image of God. Let the Holy Spirit turn you into one of His gentle sheep.
The Lord, our Shepherd, is glorified and honored when we don’t act like vicious animals but rather like the children of God.
God made you in His image and has placed His Holy Spirit within you. You were made to glorify Him. Are you harboring sin in any area of your life? Keep clean of sin so God can work in you and through you.
(An adaptation from the book “Prayer Praise & Promises” – A daily walk through the Psalms, Written by Warren W. Wiersbe, Bible Teacher, and Director Back to the Bible International. A 365 day read)
This book is now available from Back to the Bible’s Secunderabad Office for a donation or Rs. 150/= -Including packing and postage-) Contact: 09492440070 or email @ email@example.com
A Tribute And Wiersbe’s Radio Messages
To read a tribute and to listen some of his Radio messages and an uplifting conversation had with Back to the Bible CEO Arnie Cole broadcasted on 4/26/19 Click on the below link:
Read More About Warren Wiersbe.
To read a bit more detailed story about this godly man click on this link A Post Written by Justin Taylor.
10 quotes from *Warren Wiersebe* Contributed by Lenin John
1. “The Christian life is not a playground; it is a battleground, and we must be on our guard at all times.”—from The Bumps Are What You Climb On
2. “This modern emphasis only on personal salvation makes us lose sight of the grandeur and glory of God’s church. I am not minimizing our personal experience with Christ, but I am affirming that it is not the primary goal that God has in mind. He is building His church. He is building up the Body of Christ. The glory and greatness of our personal salvation is but a reflection of what God is doing corporately in and through His church.”—from Prayer: Basic Training
3. “You don’t have to read very far in your Bible to discover that God forgives His servants and restores them to ministry.”—from Be Amazed
4. “The immediate purpose of prayer is the accomplishing of God’s will on earth; the ultimate purpose of prayer is the eternal glory of God.”—from On Earth as It Is in Heaven: How the Lord’s Prayer Teaches Us to Pray More Effectively
5. “For the most part, the people we serve in our congregations don’t look like Josephs, Esthers, or Davids, nor do we; but the same God who glorified himself in the lives of ‘ordinary people’ in ancient days will glorify himself in our lives today if we will trust him.”—from 10 Power Principles for Christian Service
6. “God’s people don’t live on explanations; they live on promises.”—from Be Heroic
7. “We may be statistics and numbers as far as the world’s computers are concerned, but we are precious individuals as far as our Shepherd is concerned. He knows his sheep personally.”—from Be What You Are
8. “Satan wants us to think that our ‘disobedience detours’ must become the permanent road for the rest of our lives, but this is a lie.”—from Be Obedient
9. “The most important meeting we as leaders attend is that daily personal meeting with the Lord, before the day begins, when worship and meditation increase our faith as we receive the orders for the day.”—from On Being a Leader for God
10. “If you serve only to earn a salary, you will never do your best as long as you think you’re underpaid. If you minister to get recognition, you will start doing less when people don’t show their appreciation. The only motivation that will take you through the storms and keep you on the job is, ‘I’m serving Jesus Christ.’ “—from On Being a Servant of God
Thomas Nelson Publishers
Olive Tree Bible Software App
Picture Credit: Back to the Bible Intl.
Check your domain ranking