I am so glad to introduce our Guest Author this week Carol Amato, A well known internet entrepreneur and a successful coach. Who writes at CarolAmato. com and various other places. She is an active member at several community forums. Her great passion in life is to help people achieve their goals and enjoy interacting with her readers on a daily basis. Even in spite of her busy schedule she is always ready to help her fellow beings with her wonderful knowledge she acquired along the life journey.
Thank you so much Carol for accepting my invitation and I am honored and am so proud to present your post here.
I am sure my readers will enjoy reading this wonderful and informative post on list building.
Thank you, Philip, for your kind invitation to be a guest author on your blog, I appreciate it.
Never forget that list building is the cornerstone for your online business plan. Don’t let it get lost in the shuffle of other new and glitzy models so that you forget about it or put it on the back burner for awhile. It should always stay in the forefront of your online marketing strategies.
Your list consists of every piece of contact information for all subscribers and prospective customers. When these people sign up to be on your list, you’ve got the power to draw them back to your site to give help and value to them (and make sales) time and time again. It’s a powerhouse of information that you can’t take lightly – and you need to learn how to keep building your list for its greatest potential.
This golden list is in your possession because they have either sought something from you or are interested in what you have and want to keep in touch. Over time, you can make them all buyers if you pay attention to what they want and build relationships with them through blog posts, social media, emails and other means of online communication.
If your traffic isn’t what you think it should be or you’re not making enough conversions, it may be time to rethink your list building strategies. There are so many strategies available and you can use several or all to help your business grow at a rate you can be proud of.
You can even have various lists for your niches and auto-responders can be generated to the lists by using a professional company like AWeber. One of the best parts is that you can log in and see every day how many people have opted in to your list. You can create messages to send them that will help them in their online efforts, build the bond between you and ultimately convert to even more sales.
Strategies to Make Your List Explode
Many new online entrepreneurs think that all they need to do to build a list is to build a website (“build it and they will come…”). You may be deluged with visitors to your blogs, but having them opt in to your list is another matter.
If you don’t create other ways to build your list, your visitors will fade away, and you will have wasted all the resources available to you. There are so many ways to capture names and email addresses these days that it’s a shame if you don’t use them all.
Here are a few strategies to build your list in a way that lets your visitors know you’re a viable force in the industry and that you mean business. The only methods I’m not currently using is infographics and a podcast, but have those on the horizon too…
- Create an incentive for sign-ups. Give them an opt-in “gift” that’s rich in value. To do this, you need to know as much as you can about those you’re targeting. Are they looking for a sophisticated incentive or are they searching for something quick and simple? [br][br]
- Be sure that your website is optimized to capture the most leads. Unless you include things like an opt-in form at the bottom of your post, links to other posts, opt-in for a newsletter or weekly report and some informative facts, you may be losing a visitor’s interest.[br][br]
- Keywords and SEO optimization must be well thought out. It may be a pain to think about it and make sure all is in place in the content of your website, but these two issues go far in increasing the number of visitors to your site.[br][br]
- Use social media. If you’re not sure about what social media activity can do for your list building efforts, make it your business to find out. Using Twitter, FaceBook, Google Plus, Pinterest and the many other forms of online socializing can quickly and easily boost your online presence.[br][br]
- Increase the ways of attracting new readers. Infographics, videos, podcasts, interviews and reviews of products are just a few of the excellent methods to pique the interest of your readers. Use them wisely, but don’t overload your content with them.[br][br]
- Include a “call to action” in every post. Tell those who visit your site that you have more to offer and if they subscribe (opt-in), there’s an incentive available that they’ll enjoy and find valuable.[br][br]
- Use podcasts to stir interest in your group and others. It can be a teaching session or information about something pertinent to your niche. Build up a sense of urgency by making it a one-time only podcast that they need to get in on now or lose out.[br][br]
- Use contests and challenges to build your list. It may be a bit advanced for a new marketer, but it’s a great way for established entrepreneurs to build their lists. Just choose an activity that you believe your audience will appreciate and enjoy and build excitement for the outcome.[br][br]
- Be available to write for others in your niche and invite folks to write for you. Guest posting is a great way to establish your authority in a niche, and having someone else post on your site can bring that marketer’s valuable insights to your audience and their list to you (more traffic).
Always choose a dedicated subscription list system such as AWeber to be sure you’re getting as much out of your lists as possible and be sure the sign-up forms on your sites are very visible and attractive to your readers.
When you open the door to traffic using professional list-building techniques, you’ll begin to attract subscribers that have the same interests as you and that will profit from the information they find on your sites.
It’s a sure way to build lists which will pay off in the long run, plus it’s a lot of fun getting to know more folks and knowing you’ve made a difference in helping them on their journey.
Everybody wants raving fans and many underestimate the power of list building and email marketing.
Are you currently building a list of subscribers and raving fans? Let me know by leaving a comment, and I look forward to hearing from you below.
PS: You can reach her at:
Check your domain ranking