Last updated on September 6, 2020
What are the best techniques to turn your blog into a business? That’s indeed a good question to be answered, and bloggers will like to know an answer to this question. Blogs have a lot going for them in terms of building trust and making sales.
In this post, I am presenting some of the best techniques or ideas about, how to get your blog-up as a business and run profitably.
Best Techniques to turn your Blog into a Business – Technique # 1 Passion for the topic.
There is a concept in the blogging community about the best way to manage a blog and turn it into a thriving business.
The concept is nothing but “Monetize on Passion”. (Thanks to Ryan Biddulph for popularising this concept). What this means is that blogs do not always become a money-making business overnight. You really need to find your passion and keep blogging about it, and writing and posting about it as often as possible. No need to emphasize that you need to create high-quality content that is unique.The Best Techniques To Turn Your Blog Into A Business via @pvariel Click To Tweet
#Building Your Blogging Community
Invite your visitors to become a Member of your blog by offering them free tips about niche topics weekly or monthly.
The idea is to reach out and promote other bloggers, so that they, in turn, will post comments, share and promote your blog.
Best Techniques to turn your Blog into a Business – Technique # 2. Affiliate Marketing.
You can start out as an affiliate marketer by simply allowing advertisements to be displayed on your blog. Use banners or in-text links to affiliate products.
• You’ll earn a commission for each customer who purchases a product by clicking through on one of your ads. Be sure that the ads you give space to match the tone of your blog.
• If you have lots of visitors to your blog, sales through the affiliate links on your page can become a passive income stream.
• Expand your blog by writing articles or posting videos that describe the products that you are selling through affiliate marketing.
• Though it is one of the best techniques in making your blog into a business, there are some common myths about affiliate marketing which you need to know.
• Look around the internet to find affiliate marketing websites/companies that pay per-action rather than pre-sale only.
• Also, check out more such websites which are using affiliate marketing for making money online
# 3. Advertising Networks
Once your blog starts to grow with a bigger audience, it makes sense to sign up for an advertising network.
• Google AdSense is easy to install, and Google will not insist on super-high traffic rates before permitting you to install AdSense.
• If you have lots of visitors to your blog, sales through the ads on your page can become a passive income stream. Read through the AdSense Terms and conditions before applying.
• Pay Per Click and Cost Per Thousand clicks are good income streams.
• Some good advice about ad networks is- don’t put too many ads on your blog. It might give your blog a cheap look and the visitors won’t come back.
• If you really want to join an ad network, www.blogads.com is one among them.
#4. Creating and Selling Your Own Products
Selling information products through your blog (does that on his blog) is one of the best ways for a blogger to make an income. The renowned travel blogger Ryan Biddulph is one of the best examples to this.
• Gain more authority for your blog by writing e-books.
• Develop your reputation as an expert in your niche by creating informative tutorials.
• Build on the relationship with your visitors by setting up a question and answer page.
• Running a contest is another great marketing idea because people love to win prizes
• Increase the content of your blog by promoting your information products with specials and discounts.
#5. The Sales Page
The products that you sell on your blog are not limited to information products. If they are other products, you wish to sell you will need a sales page. Creating a Sales Page is a good way to create a landing page for your blog that visitors may click on through social media or an advertisement.
• Descriptions and photos of the products you wish to sell.
•Positive reviews, Comments, Likes and other feedback.
• Special features regarding the product you are selling. For example, Is your product on sale or a one-of-a-kind product? Is this a never-to-be-repeated offer? Include these details on your sales page.
•Sincere and convincing testimonials.
•A money-back guarantee.
•A payment page must also include a method of payment- Add a “Buy Now” button to your blog by creating a PayPal business account.
Fees apply to sales through PayPal which vary from country to country. Fees to PayPal also vary according to the amount of money you are making from your blog.
# Selling A Service Through Your Blog
Make Money Online
Selling your own services on your blog is another way of monetizing your blog. Bloggers can sell services from the skills in which they have developed their expertise.
• Writing and Blogging.
• Developing a Blog.
Selling your services is a good method of increasing your reputation as an authority, developing your skills and of promoting your blog.
Best Techniques to turn your Blog into a Business – Yet Another Technique #Sponsorship for Bloggers.
Approaching on- or offline businesses to sponsor your blog is a good monetization strategy. Attracting sponsorship is a great way to promote your blog.
• Make sure that your sponsor’s business or products match your audience’s interest in your blog.
• Offer to sponsor their business or blog as a quid pro quo.
• Attract paid sponsorship for annual or month-long sponsorships.
• Attract sponsorship for special events on your blog.
#Social Media Is Another Best Techniques
Search engine ranking spiders will rate you higher if you have a good social media profile. To start building a community on a social media site
• Place social sharing buttons on your blog.
• Do some research first so that you can find the right potential community.
• Join social media groups yourself and get into discussions about topics that are relevant to your blog.
• Respond to all inquiries in a personal way.
• Send a message to thank social media followers who like or share your content.
• Reach out to influential people and through influencers.
• Send posts to specific sites, and you will get targeted traffic in return.
• Share and promote other’s posts.
• Conduct quick surveys to find out what your community is thinking.
• Once you’ve found a community on social media, keep them in the loop and maintain good quality contact with your community.
• follow someone on Twitter. Make it easier to send your posts to Twitter by installing an auto-feed button.
• Publish a List on Twitter that showcases people who you admire or who have contributed some valuable insights in your niche.
Developing a social media campaign to support your blog may be time-consuming, but it will have good results.
#Creating a Content / Editorial Calendar
This is a great method for developing new ideas for blog posts. The first step in creating an editorial calendar is to clearly define the goals you have set yourself to achieve through maintaining a blog. By creating a Content Calendar, you will be able to avoid moments when you feel that you have no ideas for your blog. There are lots of Content Calendar templates and tools on the internet.
• Once you have outlined five or more goals, write a list of ideas for blogs that will move you closer to those goals. Have fun with what you are doing as not all goals need to be deadly serious.
• Try to list as many ideas as you can, even as many as forty to one hundred ideas. Brainstorm ideas in an informal way.
• Save all of these ideas so that you can develop them later.
• You may not add really epic new content to your blog every day, but by referring to your Content Calendar, you will be able to plan ahead and release excellent content at the right moment.
#Building an Email List Is One of the Best Techniques
Once your blog has started to make money for you, it’s a good idea to build a list of emails that will help you to keep in touch with your members or visitors in a personal way. Use a free email marketing service to help create your list. Move to a paid email marketing service when your blog grows even bigger.
• Send newsletters to the people on your email list.
• Send the members of your email list a reminder when you are posting epic new material on your blog.
• Sending a newsletter is a great way to keep your visitors coming back to your blog.
#Analytics for Bloggers
Bloggers need to read the data and stats about their blog just as much as any big business.
Implement an analytics program to keep track of such information as-
• The number of visitors to your blog every day or every month.
• Are these returning visitors or new visitors.
• What the bounce rate is.
• The average amount of time that visitors spend on your blog.
• How many pages on your blog your visitors will go to read more content.
• The demographics of visitors to your blog, in terms of which social media site they are using. Which part of your blog your visitors click on most often. This list could be much longer. Once you have installed the code for an analytic tool on your blog, you will be privy to lots of statistics and data. Once you learn to understand the stats, you will know how to improve, update or redesign your blog. Check out the best analytics tools on the internet and don’t overlook Google Analytics.
#Always Back Up Your Blog.
There are many reasons why you should back-up your blog. Among these are:
• In the case of hacking. Hackers may hack into your valuable email list.
• Problems with your blog hosting company.
• An attack from a virus.
• A self-made error.
Check around on the internet to find the backup software that suits your needs and back your blog up every day, without forgetting to save as you go.
# Optimize your Blog for SEO
You must make sure that your blog is optimized for SEO. Now that you are earning an income from your blog, search engines have probably already recognized it. Adding an SEO such as SEO by Yoast will dramatically increase your chances of good SERP ratings. Optimize your blog by-
• Knowing the keywords for your blog topic by topic.
• Use your top 10 keywords in the most visible places on your blog. Titles, first lines, meta tags, and paragraph headings if you use them are the eye-catching places to put your keywords.
• Include links to any material that you use a reference in a blog. It’s good online etiquette to do this. You may be able to develop some good backlinks through this protocol.
• Use your keywords in rich snippets.
• Develop a sitemap for your blog.
#What to Do as Your Blog Continues to Grow.
Although making a fortune as a blogger is not easy, if you work at it, you will increase the income that you earn from your blog. Once you start earning a full-time income from your blog, you can be classified as an entrepreneur.
There are a few things that you will need to change once you reach this stellar level.
• If your customers need to pay for any of your products or services using a credit card, you will need to update your payment methods from a simple PayPal “Buy Now” button. You may need to create a merchant account so that you can conduct e-commerce and process credit cards.
• Make sure that your security is very good. Once you start to process credit cards and their details, this is extremely important.
Blogging can take you a long way. As your blog grows, keep up to date by reading all the other good blogs in your niche. This will keep you inspired and show that your bog can take you still further than it already has.
Don’t forget that posting a fresh, interesting, and quality blog post at least once a week is a must for your success.
I would like to hear from you about your experiences in this field. Share your views in the comment box below.
Thanks, Bro. Phil for the space given me to share this post for your readers. I appreciate your open mind. May you have a great time of sharing and caring in the days ahead.
With kind regards,
~ Reji Stephenson
Video Image developed by using Canva
All images are from Pixabay unless otherwise mentioned.
Last updated on: Jun 12, 2019
updated on September 6, 2018.
Check your domain ranking