The Journey Continues… Pic. Credit. Alice Mathews Martin, C G State
Yet another World Environment Day is just passed by peacefully with a lot of activities and propaganda for a clear and pure environment.
Let us continue to strive for a better environment for our life on this earth. Let us practice the following guidelines (easy Green Tips) given by UNEP.
If you follow these steps please let us know about it by posting a comment in the comment column.
And Ha, Notice that, This Year is “The International Year of Forests”
Thanks and best regards,
Philips And Associates
Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
UNEP GREEN TIPS FOR THIS YEAR 2011
• Green your daily routine! Say no to plastic bags when you shop. Use cloth bags instead.
• Conserve energy! Turn off the lights to brighten our environment.
• Use rainwater for your indoor plants – they love it, and you’ll save water at the same time.
• Choose public transport. It reduces your carbon emissions.
• Don’t keep the water running while brushing your teeth. You will save as much as 11 liters (3 gallons) every time!
• Green your office: print double-sided, turn off monitors, start an office recycling program.
• Host a World Environment Day celebration. Clean up your neighborhood, carpool with friends, have a vegan (no animal products) dinner party! And don’t forget to register your activity on the WED website!
• Jog outside and save the energy you would have used on the treadmill!
• Mobilize your friends to celebrate World Environment Day! Use Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Orkut, and other social web sits. Also by SMS, text, email etc. – it doesn’t matter how just get the word out!
• Plant a tree this year! This is the International Year of Forests so why not celebrate by planting a tree with friends or family.
Here is a video to watch on this day.